Residential remodeling has become an essential part of the construction industry. Remodelers add living space to existing homes 和 retrofit homes to modern conveniences 和 updated building codes. Remodeling can be done not only for cosmetic purposes but also for structural reasons, as well as to increase the energy efficiency of older homes.
工作s available in the residential remodeling field include but are not limited to carpenters; painters; drywall 和 ceiling tile installers; roofers; woodworkers; kitchen 和 bath remodelers; siding, 屋面, 和 aluminum installers; 和 flooring specialists.
毕业后, students of the Residential Remodeling program will have a number of different opportunities available. In addition to working in their field, graduates will also have the chance to continue their education in areas such as project management, 技术教育, 住宅设计, 土木工程, 和 structural engineering degrees. Advanced opportunities as crew leaders, supervisors, assistant supervisors, superintendents
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- Underst和 the history of residential buildings in the 20th 和 21st centuries.
- Demonstrate basic carpentry woodworking skills.
- Demonstrate successful use of basic 和 advanced tools of the profession.
- Read blueprints to lay out projects necessary to complete tasks.
- Calculate material quantities 和 estimate time allowances for projects using mathematical skills required in the profession.
- 应用 remodeling skills necessary for
室内, exterior, kitchen, 和 bathroom projects.
- Operate masonry tools 和 equipment safely 和 effectively.
- Complete basic masonry repairs.
- Identify 和 rectify basic plumbing problems in an existing dwelling.
- Troubleshoot basic electrical circuits found in a dwelling.
- Practice safety in the lab 和 on-site environments.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic 和 the ability to work both independently 和 as a contributing member of a team.
- Stay current with any new technology or codes related to remodeling.
|Residential Remodeling Employers|